Corporate Governance, Compliance and Insurance Practice
Our insurance law practice team maintains high standard in rendering professional advice to clients regarding all insurance related matters. The team delivers a complete service across all commercial, regulatory and dispute resolution matters relating to insurance law for long-term and short-term insurers and insurance intermediaries.
In keeping abreast with regulatory and supervisory requirements affecting our client’s respective sectors, we actively participate in legislative workshops and conducts extensive legal research. The team is led by highly qualified specialists with immense experience in regulatory requirements.
Areas of work include
- Assist our clients with applicable regulatory and supervisory requirements for Long-term and Short-term insurers.
- Regulatory and supervisory advice.
- Compile and assess regulatory universe.
- Identify, assess and prioritise regulatory requirements applicable to business operations/ activities and risk rate regulatory requirements into core, medium and topical legal requirements.
- Compliance risk management plans (CRMP).
- Insurance legislation.
- Policy drafting and underwriting advice.
- Governance and Risk management framework.
- Assist with development of compliance coverage plans and monitoring activities.
- Registration of new Financial Service Providers (FSP’s) with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority(FSCA)
- Assist with Ombudsman complains.
- Subrogated recoveries and defences.
- Motor accident and general liability insurance.