Our employment law practice team offers a wealth of Labour relations expertise to clients across various industry sectors i.e. financial services sector, infrastructure, mining, retail and manufacturing. We provide advice on individual and collective labour law to trade unions, employees and management. Our dynamic team of specialists deliver commercially minded advice on a multidisciplinary basis. The team also prides itself for outstanding 100% litigation success rate at both the CCMA and Labour Court.
We maintain a thorough understanding of local and international labour practises, legislation and regulation. As an affiliated member of SASLAW we ensure that we remain abreast of all legal developments in the field.
Areas of work include:
- Legal compliance reviews: ensuring that companies comply with relevant labour legislation and regulations.
- Workplace policies and procedures: advice on drafting of employment contract, temporary, fixed terms, permanent as well as independent contractors agreements.
- Chair disciplinary hearing, performance management and incapacity matters: investigations, presenting or chairing hearings, counselling or advice.
- Grievance issues; handling/mediating grievances procedures or advice.
- Collective labour law: wage and conditions of employment negotiations, recognition or other collective agreements.
- Restructuring/retrenchments; determine company’s needs and strategy, draft section 189 notice, assist with consultation/facilitation process, draft minutes and attend to feedback sessions, draft agreements and advice.
- Appearance at the CCMA, Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court, including drafting of legal all pleadings.
- Alternative dispute resolution and conflict management, negotiation and mediation
- Business transfers and mergers.
- Restrained of trade (employment related).
- Training; determine company needs and requirements, compile and present customised training sessions.
- Employment equity related matters
Other practice areas
As a diversified legal firm that renders professional legal services to individual clients and corporate clients, our legal sevices includes the following areas: